Sunday, September 18, 2005
I Finally Pulled the Cancer Card
It finally happened. I actually went to work today (Sunday) at around 5 pm and worked until 9 pm. I am working on this real pain in the neck project and since I won't be in Monday because of chemo, I thought I'd go in to see if I could get some stuff done, which I did. I left at 9 and was driving home. I did get a new-ish car and it ride nice so I really didn't notice that I was doing 63 mph in a 45 mph zone. Apparently Mr. Policeman did notice. I slowed down but he pulled me over anyway. This town is notorious for being strict with the speed limit. "The sign says 45 mph, not 46" is their slogan. So I pulled right over, got my licence, registration and insurance card ready. Mr. Policeman came up to me and right away I said that I realized I was going a little fast back there, to which he replied 'you were doing 63 mph in a 45 mph zone'. I said that I was just going home after leaving work and that I have cancer and I have to go to the city for chemo tomorrow. He took my cards and said he has to check on them. After about 3 minutes, he came back, handed me my cards and said to slow down a little. I said I'll slow down a lot and I thanked him. It's the first time I've pulled the cancer card but I figured what the heck, what's the worse thing that could have happened?
7 comments:
It isn't pulling the "card" if it is true :-)
Hey I see nothing wrong with it. With all the crap you have to deal with, getting a break someplace else because of CA isn't so bad. It's like getting that senior discount... once you are old enough, and have to deal with the hassles of being a senior citizen, the least you can get is some cool breaks because of it! ;-)
So here's to you abusing your Cancer card so you can abuse the Seniors discount in the future. Just keep it between the ditches so you GET there, okay? (that was the paramedic-me talking)
~TuxB
PS- my word verification is "rogoo"... hmmm what could that mean??
I'd have done the same thing.
Hope you don't feel too bad this week.
hey, it's no worse than pulling the "I got my period" card...uh, yeah.
TuxB, I like how you think ;-)
Paula, thanks for all of your support!
Wendy, you know what PMS stands for, right?
Potential Murder Suspect ;-)
It's no worse than the "I've got diarreah" card. Did I share too much?
Laughing about the PMS thing.
hehe, PMS rocks.
Post a Comment