Tuesday, September 06, 2005
Here we go again...Round #31
I can't believe I'm been doing this on a weekly basis or bi-weekly basis for over 19 months. I got into the city to SK at 7:30 am. I left the house at 5:40 am. I pretty much cruise in and avoid traffic and now my car has a radio and AC. I got my blood checked, I still have some and my red and white and platelettes are great. No problem, right? Well last week when I saw my Oncologist, they did a full blood work. The measure my CEA, which tells me if there is cancer present in my blood and is not the final word in tests, but my numbers were in the 170's and then they got down to like 3-5 so that is good, and my LFT or Liver Functions. The blood that is taken for that test takes 2 days or so to get the results. I haven't been following it as of late. I figure no news is good news. For some reason, I called last week to find out what my numbers are. They told me they couldn't give me that info over the phone. I firgured what's the big deal? Then I thought I'd find out today when I am physically there. Well, the Oncologist has to tell me, she is in the main hospital on Tuesdays. They can't give me this info. WTF????? It's not like it's the receipe for fucking Coca-Cola or anything. I mean, I can find out how to build a nuclear device if I wanted but they can't tell me my CEA. I wouldn't care if the posted it in Times Square. It really pisses me off but my Onc is a real hard ass who has no sense of humor, she's probably the best in the US if not the world so I guess I have to choose my words carefully if I say anything at all. I went for a double dose of psychotherapy today which was good. I had some things to sort out and they were very helpful, insightful and I am making progress and learning from mistakes so that's what it's all about. Now comes the fun part, mild psychosis from the steriods and the chemo, with a side order of stomach cramps for 4-5 days with extra rash on the side (and the face). Repeat next week.....For any 'newbies', I've updated the My Story part on the side of this blog which is sort of a chronological diary of my diagnosis, blah, blah, blah
2 comments:
Hang in there, your great attitude will do so much more than any chemo.
double dose of psychotherapy, you didn't talk about all of us did you? Sorry, my paranoia is kicking in..;)
Post a Comment