Monday, September 12, 2005

#34 Done

It's not quite 10 am and I am done getting chemo #34. This is a record, I'm usually not out of here until 12 noon at best.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Moly. You're a quick one. Speedy Gonzalez. Last I checked in, you were just on #31.

(Imagine a small furry monkey standing on the sidelines, cheering you on.)

In other news: We really don't know what kind of Woodpecker we saw, but he was beautiful, large and had a dash of red on his head. He had the black back with the white sort of stripes/spots. So incredibly cool. We watched him for nearly an hour.

Wendy said...

you're an overachiever...;)

Phil said...

MH,
The only reason I'm now at #34 is because I just learned how to count properly (chemo brain). I love watching the birds. It sounds like it was a Hairy or Downy Woodpecker, they are very similar. They are not real big, bigger than a Sparrow, but smaller than a Robin. I have a friend (Eagle Boy- his wife and two teenage daughters call him that, no respect) from work who knows a lot about birds. He counts Bald Eagles in the winter when they nest in the NY, NJ, PA border on the Delaware River.
Wendy, I'm just a show off, what can I say ;-)

*Monica said...

Wohooo, I will save you an apple pie for when your tummy wants it.

Phil said...

Yummy, can't wait. Apple is my fav

Monkey said...

The Great American Birdcount is something we've been doing for the last 3 years. It's a blast. Usually happens on some day in February, and you count the birds and types that come to your feeder in a 6 hour period. Amazing good fun.

It's out now... I'm boring as hell and proud of it!

Post a Comment