We all know what today is and where we were when we heard/saw it. The world will never be the same, I feel less safe than I ever did. I don't worry about it, I guess that is part of my new normal too. Tomorrow is another trip to the city, I tense up going over the GW Bridge (that ain't George Walker either), then I have to ride a bus, get chemo and do the reverse to get home.#34 that will be. Yesterday marked another milestone for me too. It was one year ago that the company I had been temping for almost 3 years at, put me on staff so I would have better benefits and I could be treated at SK in the city at practically no out of pocket cost vs 'plan B' which was to get a second mortgage on my Mom's house which would not have paid for everything anyway. I will never forget all those who came to bat for me and hired me. They are top level VP's who became and still are my friends. They saved my life, I don't know if they realize that.
Today my family and my sister in law's family all went for a bicycle ride on the Heritage Trail. It's a 15(?) mile paved bike trail. It was great. We only did maybe 4 miles because we had the Grif and Lilster with us. It has been a very long time since I took a ride, it felt great. I did find out that I have a herniated abdominal wall (I thought I was just FAT) so I felt it. I have a support belt (alright, a girdle) that I wear if I do anything strenuous. All in all it was fun. I hope to ride again soon. I've riden my bike up Mt Mansfield and Mt Washington, the tallest peaks in Vermont and New Hampshire. The bike is over 20 years old and is one of the first Mountain Bikes that you could buy. It's great!
2 comments:
My bike is more of the old lady variety, but you have inspired me to take a ride later today.
It's great that you have bike trails like that.
Post a Comment