Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What I'm Reading *

Here are two books that I am 'reading'. By that I mean I got the Bernie Seigel book on tape (which was recommended by my therapist, I've heard other people talk about it too) and the Wayne Dyer book on CD (which was recommended by a good friend who is also a 'therapist' of sorts for me). I have such a hard time sitting down with a book and reading it that I thought that I would try the audio versions since I have a 30 minute ride to and from work each day.













*any coincidence to any other bloggers who might
find themselves in a spiritual slump, is purely karmic

(karmic relief?)

8 comments:

Phil said...

This is funny, a friend at work left a CD of Ry Cooder on my desk today. I've heard of him, never remember hearing him. I did not have any conversation about Ry Cooder with anyone...ever!

Monkey said...

Hmmm... that's what you say now, but what about that night you wore the lampshade on your head?

Phil said...

And nothing else! You had to bring that up Monkey, didn't you...

dot said...

Are you refering to my Ry Cooder reference? How did you like him? I think guitarists seem to love him. His music is intricate.

Wow. That's weird.

Phil said...

I thought it was pretty strange seeing that on your post and never having it mentioned before, then getting a CD of his. I liked it, it's kind of raw but he's a good guitarist and has had a varied career. He put together the Bueno Vista Social Club. I had another karmic thing happen yesterday too. Spooky

dot said...

What was the karmic thing, Phil?
Maybe you aren't at liberty to say.

You know, I've been thinking about this Ry Cooder thing. I think I'm thinking of Leo Kottke, not Ry Cooder.

Phil said...

It was nothing huge, I was thinking of stopping by a friend's office at work, and when I got to the bottom of the stairs, there they were. Sort of at the same instant. That happens a lot, I don't know if that's karmic or just being tuned into that 6th sense stuff (which I give creedence to - especially since getting cancer).

While listening to Ry Cooder, I thought of Leo Kottke (who is another great guitarist, and also Leon Redbone whose voice reminded me of some of the songs I heard)

dot said...

Leon Redbone. Hmmm. I had a friend in college who was a big Leon Redbone fan (ugh). My friend was a great guitar player, but when he sang, it sounded like he was doing a Leon Redbone impersonation, which was funny because his speaking voice was nothing like that. I always felt a little embarassed for him when he sang.

That's interesting about your friends being at the bottom of the stairs when you went to see them. Yeah, it's a little freaky when that stuff happens, but it's reassuring sometimes, too.

Post a Comment