I am often amazed at how manic my posts are and how they must look to everyone. One day, I'm riding high and all is good, it's good to be Phil. Then other days I look like I'm ready to go postal or something. I used to be on a more even keel before the cancer (I was just postal ;-) It's probably rather normal to feel like this, as a matter of fact, I know it is because of other cancer folk I've spoken to at Gilda's. Plus most people have good days and bad days. I just think it gets exaggerated due to the medication and the severity of my situation. I feel pretty good today, this week I go for chemo on Tuesday instead of Wednesday (too many cancer people in on Wednesday so they moved my appointment). I don't know if it's good or bad, it's the treatment that will screw up my digestive system for about 4-5 days, I really loathe these treatments in particular. Just a general health update here. My rash is getting a little better on my chest and back, but my face still hurts (I know, it's killing you) from the rash. The skin on my fingers seems to have stopped spliting for now. The skin on my feet is now spliting. My feet and toes are still numb, they feel furry. My sides still hurt and my stomach muscles seem to be sorer. I haven't kayaked in about 3 weeks. I like to think it's because of the heat, but I think I'm just tired. I still swim pretty much everyday. Other than that, I feel great!
I hug my wife and kids everyday....
3 comments:
Well, if your treatment is tomorrow, you'll feel bad at work
=( but maybe you'll feel good for the weekend =).
The rash and the skin thing sound very uncomfortable.
I like the honesty in your writing Phil. This is a chemo blog and it would be pointless to hide what you're really feeling, especially since your writing is theraputic for you. I'm sorry that you do have your downs though. I don't enjoy seeing you suffer.
all the emotional shit sucks horribly, but like you suggest, it's not just cancer that does that to lots of good folks . . .
i hate that you are in physical pain and discomfort--it makes me want to have lots of babies & send them to an island where they are trained as biotech scientist from day one, completely focused on finding cures for all the shit that's wrong in the world . . .
As long as you are still hugging, life is good, right?
Post a Comment