Friday, November 18, 2005

More Bad News

I don't want this to be about bad news all of the time, but this really sucks. A friend of Dana's from high school, Sigrid, her daughter had been battling brain cancer for about 5 years. She is only 11. She died the other day. Dana is going to be playing at a memorial service on Sunday. Hug your kids if you have them.

8 comments:

JLee said...

I am so sorry to hear that....I had a bad dream last night that Cassidy got hurt and was maybe going to die, so when I got up...I hugged her real tight and thanked God it was only a dream.

Southernspeak4 said...

Same age as McKenna...I don't know what I'd do, I really don't...I will say a prayer for her family.:(

Phil said...

Dylan's around that age too. I often thank God that I got sick and not one of our boys. I can handle myself, but I couldn't handle them being sick.

*Monica said...

wow, Nico just turned 11. I can't imagine the pain of watching your child suffer and die. I wish I could send flowers or a card or something. Please hugs this family for me. And give Dana courage.

Dina R. D'Alessandro said...

Phil, it sounds like there's a lot of sadness surrounding you right now, on top of your own daily struggle. Please try to keep positive and please keep writing, no matter what the subject matter is or your emotions are. It's the only way to work out all of this and continue working toward your own healthy recovery.

SquirrleyMojo said...

how horribly sad when young children pass--there's never anything to say

Fleur de Bee said...

oh how sad! Brain cancer...very sad. Met a guy the other day with that at the Huntsman Cancer Center. I swear he was one of the most jolly people I had ever met.

Phil said...

Dana played at the service yesterday. She said it was very difficult but it really made it a little easier on everyone. She said the parents were holding up ok, but the sorrow on their faces was painful to bear.

Post a Comment