Sunday, November 20, 2005

Dermatological Nightmare













Here's some nice photos of what is happening lately to my body. The one on the left is my calf. Normally my calf muscle is well defined (not to brag, but I have nice legs, not chicken legs). Now my calves are swollen and the rash is on them too as well as my thighs. Not only does it itch, but it also burns and if I bend down, they almost feel like they are going to explode. This is something new, I am getting this checked out today by the nurse. The other lovely photo is of my right hand. It really does not do it justice, but my fingertips are all getting split and cracked. This seems to run in cycles where I'll have a bad week or so, then it gets somewhat better. It sucks because I love to play my guitar, but it's hard to play with bleeding fingers. I guess the 'good' news is that because of all of the pain I have with the cramps from the CPT11, I was able to get some percocet. They don't help with the cramps, but I don't mind as much.

Ok, this just in. Because of my legs and stomach being swollen, my Onc ordered a sonogram of my abdomen. I found out two good things. One is that there are no blood clots in the liver (which was a concern) and two, I am having a girl!
This sucks, I wish I was OUT OF HERE!

9 comments:

Dakota said...

That looks really bad and painful :(

Isn’t there a special crème or lotion available for that sort of thing?

Wendy said...

awful. I hope they can help with the swelling and rash, it looks very painful. Cracking fingers? Neutrogena man! Neutrogena!

Southernspeak4 said...

Hey sweetheart...I didn't think you'd have time to blog until you got home. I'm so sorry, babe, you're almost through it...seriously, do they suggest any creme that is organic (I know that you don't want any more chemicals)? Did you check into the udder balm, etc., that I've typed about?

Fleur de Bee said...

Phil-the Four Seasons is a cancer nurse and I suggest she visit your blog here. She is a sweetheart! You need that olive oil stuff I am telling you. Takes care of it all and doesn't make you break out if you are still dealing with that.

By the way...what are you going to name HER? lol

b o o said...

omigod! its like HNT twice. i'm not worthy. hang in there Phil. i have nice sore bits to share with u too. now that you've shown me yours, i guess its time i show u mine *hugs*

TuxBaby said...

Hey Phil, I'm sorry to hear about the skin problems! I talked to my Mom today and she can surely feel for you. She had a bad rash a few years ago, too. She ended having to see a dermatologist and using a special cream to even TRY to treat it.

But what surprised me was that she is also right now having the SAME fingertip splits!!! She said she got rid of hers in 2 days with her "special treatment", so maybe you can try her trick, too. She cuts a couple of fingers off of those latex medical gloves (however many fingers you need to treat). Then she puts some Neosporin on all her splitting areas and then covers them with the latex fingertips. That way the Neosporin doesn't get all rubbed off onto everything she touches. She said she kept applying the ointment and wearing those fingertips for 2 days and they're all healed up enough to stop. :-)

Whether you try her trick or not, I do hope your fingers heal up quickly too. I can't imagine what you guys are going through with all your chemo. You guys are SUCH toughies.

Take care,
~TuxB

*Monica said...

I am not sure how to spell it but bagabalm is very good for stuff like that.

*Monica said...

I am not sure how to spell it but bagabalm is very good for stuff like that.

Southernspeak4 said...

Happy Thanksgiving, dear man....*muwahhh* :)

Post a Comment