Tuesday, November 15, 2005
Lost a Friend
I worked with a woman who I became friends with over the time I worked where I work. I would always say hello to her and she would say hello to me too. I knew she had some form of cancer because of her wigs she wore or her real short hair. I never asked her what she had or anything and I just treated her like a regular person like she was. In Feb 04, I was first diagnosed with cancer. I found her to be very aproachable as someone I could talk to and find out some information. I think she had some kind of ovarian cancer, but I really cant' remember now. She had gone through numerous treatments, but they would work for a while, then stop working. About 4-5 months ago she started a new treatment that I think knocked her for a loop. I always kept an eye open for her but she didn't return to work. She lost her battle last night. I'll miss her...
6 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that. That's not going to happen to you, though.
You won't lose your battle any sooner than someone without cancer.
I feel it in my bones.
Also, I love the new look of the blog. I especially love the picture at the top.
Such sad news.
I’m sorry for your loss.
I'm sorry for your loss, Phil.
~TuxB
sorry for your loss Phil *hugs*
Egads Phil, I read the top entry first and then the middle then this. I thought life was kicking my ass, but my stress is nothing compared to what you have faced lately on top of the normal issues. Please lean on anyone that will let you, including me. And maybe open a bottle of wine.
Post a Comment