Tuesday, October 18, 2005

How Do You Lead Your Life?

I was asked a great question today by a friend of mine. They asked me if I lived my life like Jesus and if so, is it a conscious choice. I really never thought much about it. I went through 8 years of Catholic School, my parents thoguht they were doing the right thing even though they were not very relgious or spiritual people. I'm not a member of any religious organization and have not been for most all of my adult life. That's neither here, nor there, I just thought I'd throw that in so you would have some sort of barometer as to my sprituality. I replied by saying something like I try to live my life in a good way and treat people with caring and respect. Having thought a little more about it, I suppose that was how people like Jesus, and Buddah, and the American Indians among others tried to live theirs. I want to treat people well and to leave things a little better than I found them.









Dylan and I about 5-6 years ago when we lived in our apartment in NJ
(photoshop treatment added)

8 comments:

JLee said...

Even though I'm not a religious person, I do think we should pattern ourselves after people like Christ. Not many do. I do believe in karma, or energy that comes back to you, good or bad.

Southernspeak4 said...

I believe we are born with the need for spirituality in your life, whatever you choose, Christ, Buddha, both...but the point is to believe that you need to make the most of your life, leaving the least amount of scars on yourself or others...erm..well, you know what I mean, emotionally.;)

Phil said...

I think you can't go wrong with the old 'Golden Rule', Do unto others, yada, yada, yada.
I believe in Karma too, then I think, "What the fuck did I do to be in the position I'm in now?"
Is it bad karma, or bad luck. JLee, I wasn't implying you thought I deserved this. I'm sure you know that.

Southern, I think we are born with that need too, but I threw the baby out with the bathwater I sometimes think. Life is short, sometimes shorter than we think. I have plenty of scars on me (from the doctors) but I try not to leave any on others.

Chloe said...

You can't go wrong with peace, love, and understanding. Most religions say that, don't they? If only we focused on the similarities instead of the differences...

Phil said...

Didn't Bush say that God told him to invade Iraq?
And don't some Muslims believe that they should kill the infidels?
Not to be a cynic, and maybe they do preach P.L.U. but they don't seem to practice what they preach

SquirrleyMojo said...

mmmmmmmmmm

Fleur de Bee said...

Well I am religious however more deeply spiritual. I believe religion just houses those who believe on the same terms as well as they can contain the rightful teachings if one believes them to.

I really refrain from speaking on religion because I have been on the other side of the fence in mine so I can talk. I also accept everyone and do not believe in judging or alienating (sp? sorry it's late!) others!

I do think that if we live as Jesus did we can only but follow the Golden Rule! It is present in all religions and as Martha would say "It's a Good Thing!".

I truly have a great attitude and am very positive in life. I have to be. I am a survivor and have been since age 2 from many things and plan on keeping it that way. I am just impressed with your survival stories and it teaches me to be aware as well as drink in the spice of life!

You are amazing Phil! Someday I will give you a big hug for speaking the truth here freely so I may partake.

Phil said...

BG, Believe me, I'm no expert, but I believe it is better to be spiritual, more so than religious. Your comment about religion housing those who have similar beliefs is true.
It's really simple, no one likes to be treated poorly, so why would you do that to others?
Attitude is everything, you're all so wonderful!

Post a Comment