Wednesday, October 19, 2005

On Course

Here I am, right on schedule. Two days after the double whammy chemo and I'm getting the usual stomach cramps. It does feel like I've been kicked in the gut, hard. At least I never had a problem with vomiting (except when I had the bowel obstruction which I won't revisit). I'm also having a worse time with the dry skin, my fingers on my right hand (my guitar finger picken one's) are all splitting on the tips. After 39 chemo's, I'm really kind of used to all of this. It beats being dead for one, and I know people who are much worse off than I am. I'm a little nervous about what lies in store for me. I'll know next Monday after my scan this week. I think it's more of the same...I can deal with that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did I already ask you this? I have no memory, but have you tried Burt's Bees or Badger stuff? They are both really intense moisturizers, more like balm really. Helps me a lot in the winter.

I'm so glad you don't get the vomitting, but stomach cramps are no fun.

Monkey and I send a heating pad, hugs and a few bananas.

Southernspeak4 said...

Hi puddin'...more useless suggestions from me, but on a report yesterday, a dermatologist suggested "udder balm" for the dry skin...and do they give you Reglan or Zofran and do they help? I've heard Reglan makes things worse sometimes, stimulates motility...then there's always dilaudid...hang in there, sweetness, just a few more days with this dose...huggings to you...

JLee said...

you are getting better...better than better and that is an order Mr.!! I wish you lived closer, I could give you a massage (only if Dr. okayed it) because one time I worked on a lady who was in chemo and I made this phantom pain go away w/my massage and I was so impressed with myself, I must say!

Fleur de Bee said...

Phil I have the most amazing stuff I would like to mail you. It is from Serious Skin Care and it is from their luxury spa line of First Pressed Olive oil. Olive oil is the only product that actually mimmics the same natural production of oil our skin makes. This stuff also will never make your skin break out. I personally love it. Not too big on the scent but most men like it.

Shoot me an email and I will drop it in the post.

Sorry about how you feel. Cyber hugs to you!!!

Post a Comment