I just had my # 39 chemo today. It wasn't too bad as far as it goes. It usually gets worse as the week progresses. They had to fill and flush my pump. There was a minor problem with it. I got into the city early, so I walked cross town to and from the hospital. On my way back I gave a homeless person $5. They looked like they needed it and weren't just going to buy booze with it. It was nice to do a RAK again.
I thought I was done with this post, but I guess I'm not. The chemo and cancer really get me very emotional at times, this being one of them. I never in my life thought I'd have to deal with something like cancer. I'm surprised with how I've risen to the challenge, and I'm so thrilled with all of the support that I have gotten, not so much from family (though it has brought us all closer together) they don't surprise me, but there are some people at work that have helped me out tremendously and continue to do so, they are such great friends that I care deeply about. They know who they are although most of them don't know I blog. And there are you people too out there in TV (blogger) land, who don't know me from Adam, but support me and are always there to talk to. My wife is also tremendous with her support 'cause I know this is not easy on her either. I'm just glad I got it and not her or the boys. Sometimes I think I got cancer because I can handle it.
Now, I'm going to make a post on my other site that you would think was written by another person...maybe it was
4 comments:
I hope you are feeling well and that your stomach will be ok this week.
I'm thinking of you. :)
You are my hero! I cannot Thank you enough for this blog and the candid personality you add to it in not sugar coating your experiences. It continues to help me should my situation take a turn for the worst! I am prepared if it comes to that yet your blog helps me deal with the remarks the doctors and nurses will quite possibly never say.
I have a great spiritual belief and am very religious. I will not however defile it should someone want to persicute me with speaking about it on my blog. I am Christian. I believe in God and an afterlife and in remarks to your "being able to handle it" I do think there are some of us who are given more spiritual tasks on this earth than others. I am told it is because we are some of the most spiritual and we stepped up to God and voluntered. My Dad taught me that. I believe this as my life keeps unfolding and I see things happen to me where I keep getting it piled on and high, yet I always seem to find the strength to deal!
I am so impressed with your unselfish ways and I think you are one of the strong my Daddy taught me about!
I hope your week is great and you don't get too sick from this cycle of Chemo. Thinking of you!-Molly
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Big scan this week, I'll have results next Monday. I have a feeling we'll stay the course for now which is not a terrible thing.
Molly, I hope your sisuation does not take a turn for the worse, the important things are early detection and a good attitude. As you can see, my attitude isn't always the best, but overall is't good. I really have no religious affiliation at all anymore, but I try to live my life in an unselfish helping way, which I think is the bottom line of most all religions anyway. Thanks for your comments
I think we are all that strong once we are in the situation. You never know what you can handle until you are in it. And you, Sir, are doing an amazing job.
Post a Comment