October is Breast Cancer Awareness* month. To me, every month is breast awareness month, but being someone who has been affected by cancer, I am more aware of this now. Breast cancer is not something that affects only women either. I had a neighbor who was in his early 60's who developed it (he didn't even have man-breasts). The long and short of it is that cancer sucks. I realized that women aren't thrilled about having breast exams just like men aren't too keen on the ol' prostate exam, but ignoring it will not prevent you from developing cancer. So I guess my point is, if you are 'at risk' or it's time to get one, get an exam. I put a few links down here, one is for info and the other helps to fund free mamograms for women.
NBCAM Site
Fund a Mamogram site
*As a public service, if you send me a photo of your breasts,
I'd be more then happy to give them a look-sie and give my opinion.
(This is a joke although no photos will be turned away.
I may have cancer but I'm not dead)