Thursday, October 13, 2005

My Nurses

This week has been pretty good. I feel good healthwise, no stomach pain, just the usual post surgery stuff I've been dealing with for over a year. Well, and the itchy rash from the chemo and I'm losing more hair but I still have more than many guys my age and certainly more than many cancer peeps so I can't complain. I had a lot of fun blogging too this week. There are a lot of great people out there that I've gotten to know. Now, I've spoken about my Oncologist before. She is so smart, so talented so not warm and fuzzy. I'm not paying for warm and fuzzy. The nurses on the other hand are all the most wonderful group of people I have ever met. I can't even begin to tell you how many crushes I've had. It really takes a special kind of person to be a nurse for cancer people I think. I've always felt like they really care about me and have done whatever they can to make me comfortable during treatments. I've had the pleasure of sort of rotating between two of them and it's been as fun as chemo can be. One is Bridget, who I don't have a picture of and the other is Stacy.



















There is also this strange nurse who wants to take my temperature (the hard way)

9 comments:

JLee said...

hehehe...that damn Elle..she is EEEVIL, she is.
My mom had some fantastic nurses out in Phoenix where she stayed her last few weeks. We would see them leave her room and start crying because they really cared for her. That can be rare these days...they get so callous sometimes.

Southernspeak4 said...

Hee HEEEE...Phillie, don't lie, you ask for that anal probe, even though it's not necessary...

Phil said...

I wish the insurance people were half as nice. That would be something...

Until you've had a colonoscopy, you really don't understand that expression "Blowing smoke up one's ass"

Southernspeak4 said...

As a matter of fact, I have had an colonoscopy. The fun part was that Versed does not work on me very well. It was fun to see myself on screen inside out!

Phil said...

yea, I had two. One with an edoscopy (I hope they used different instruments) where I was knocked out, the other one they actually tatooed my colon! I think they but the words "if you can read this, you're WAY too close". No, they put 'cut here'. I was awake for that. It was better than what is on most TV shows.

Southernspeak4 said...

OMG, that reminds me...do you remember a couple of years ago how it made national news that an OB/GYN "branded" his patient's uterus? K, that was in Lexington, I transcribed for him briefly...NOT that surgery, lol. He branded the top half with a U, bottom with a K for the University of Kentucky Wildcats.

It was a hysterectomy, so who really cares, right? At the same time, I don't think I want some doc playing tic-tac-toe on my uterus while I'm under anesthesia, whether it's coming out or not.

I'm so proud that this was one of our claims to fame.

*Monica said...

Tattooing uteruses but they wouldnt let me bring my gallstones home in a jar like my granny belle did...what is this world coming to?

JLee said...

hellloooooo nurse! anybody ever watch Animaniacs? anybody? I want a uterus tattoo!! "out of order"

SquirrleyMojo said...

that's funny about the crushes.

whenever i am especially down, i develop crushes on almost any man who shows me the least bit of tenderness and sympathy . . .

Post a Comment