So this is the view bacally from my window. I'm really north of the bridge looking south. The food here is pretty good. I had sirloin tips last night and the breakfasts are ok too. It's just nice to eat. Larry bought an oange over this morning on his way to work. I've been having a low oxygen reading in my blood lately. Actually, every time I'm in a hospital I have that so now I am oxygen. I have this cart with a tank on it that I have to wheel around. My chest still hurts, I've heard that much of the pain is from the tube that is in my side and up into my lung. They say that when they take that out, it gets mch better. That may be tomorrow. Yesterday they told me it could be today. This is typical. I'm so fucking antsy, I just want to get home. I'm not sure what is going on with the nurses either. The last two I had are male nurses. Maybe Dana is picking them out for me. From where this computer is I have a nice view of the Chrysler Building and of the CitiCorp building. If all goes well, I'll be home by Friday. Dylan has his blackbelt test on Saturday ($200) I can't believe how expensive it is. He better not get beaten up. I know I'm rambling but I'm on pretty heavy meds but I've done worse. I did get a looksie at my incision this morning. It travels up from mid ribcage to under my armpit. For some reason I thought it would be a lateral cut. They were trying to do a muscle sparing technique. My boss called me up yesterday evening. He's been very supportive throughout this whole ordeal. Well, let me post this and get back to walking. They want me to do at least 1 miles per day which is 14 laps around the floor.
Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Wednesday
So this is the view bacally from my window. I'm really north of the bridge looking south. The food here is pretty good. I had sirloin tips last night and the breakfasts are ok too. It's just nice to eat. Larry bought an oange over this morning on his way to work. I've been having a low oxygen reading in my blood lately. Actually, every time I'm in a hospital I have that so now I am oxygen. I have this cart with a tank on it that I have to wheel around. My chest still hurts, I've heard that much of the pain is from the tube that is in my side and up into my lung. They say that when they take that out, it gets mch better. That may be tomorrow. Yesterday they told me it could be today. This is typical. I'm so fucking antsy, I just want to get home. I'm not sure what is going on with the nurses either. The last two I had are male nurses. Maybe Dana is picking them out for me. From where this computer is I have a nice view of the Chrysler Building and of the CitiCorp building. If all goes well, I'll be home by Friday. Dylan has his blackbelt test on Saturday ($200) I can't believe how expensive it is. He better not get beaten up. I know I'm rambling but I'm on pretty heavy meds but I've done worse. I did get a looksie at my incision this morning. It travels up from mid ribcage to under my armpit. For some reason I thought it would be a lateral cut. They were trying to do a muscle sparing technique. My boss called me up yesterday evening. He's been very supportive throughout this whole ordeal. Well, let me post this and get back to walking. They want me to do at least 1 miles per day which is 14 laps around the floor.
3 comments:
Good morning Phil!
It's so good to hear from you.
You certainly have a wonderful view there :)
Sounds like you're training for the marathon with 14 laps a day!
You could almost be ready to spar with Dylan the blackbelt ;)
Keep hanging in there Phil.
Thinking of you lots!
thats a bootiful view. miss u so much. glad to know that u are up & walking about. all the best to dylan, he's gonna kick ass! huggings phillie :)
Nice view!
Big incisions, 14 laps, and male nurses.
Ack!
Can't wait to see a picture of Dylan in a black belt. Awesome.
xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment