Sunday, April 23, 2006

Show Time...

Here I am in NYC at my brother's apartment. It's almost 11pm. No more food after midnight. All he has are Cherrios. This is rather amusing for me because EVERY Thanksgiving, I hear about the time I wanted Cherrios instead of turkey. He must have planned this. Hey, I was 5.
The surgery is at 10:30 am, they want me there at 7:30. They made a point of telling me 2 times not to use deodorant in the morning. I almost told them I usually don't put any on until Wednesday of every week so it's no problem. The surgery should be about 3 hours long. They are going to use a muscle sparing technique on me. I'll wite about it after.
My friend Karyl will be posting some updates on Tuesday and Thursday. I should be home after that. Karyl is awesome! We work together and it is always a fun time. She also baked me the greatest apple pie on Friday. It was still warm when she brought it in.
Thanks everyone for you support. It means very much to me.
xo-phil

5 comments:

Kayla said...

Hmmmm...now I know what I can serve at my next dinner party ;)
Thanks for the tip!

Sounds like you're in good hands, Phil..you're in my thoughts.

dot said...

Hey Phil!

It's 7:30 here, so I guess they're probably prepping you.

I'm thinking of you!

dot said...

It's ll:30 AM your time, so I guess you're deep in surgery right now.

Still thinking and praying.

xoxo

Kayla said...

Hello Phil, my friend,
You are probably snoozing away in your {hopefully} private room right now.
You've been on my mind all day...
Continued prayers for an uncomplicated recovery :)

dot said...

Hey Phil, I hope you're not too uncomfortable right now. Hopefully the drugs are awesome!

xoxo

Paula

Post a Comment