Saturday, December 10, 2005

Waiting for Results

I thought I'd try going back to a typed post instead of the videos. I know some of you can't see them due to platform issues, connection speed or whatever.
I had my followup CT scan on Thursday, 12/8 and I'll get my results on Monday afternoon. Normally I would see my Onc in the morning but she is getting ready to go on vacation so everyone wants a piece of her next week. I'm expecting more good news which means to me that the tumors in my lungs are still shrinking (maybe some will be gone) and there is nothing happening in my liver. What also comes with the good news is that I will have to endure yet another 8 weeks of treatments which means more stomach cramps, which are getting to the impossible to deal with stage, along with more skin rashes and splitting fingertips. Oh, and yes, I have a new one now. My toes are splitting just like my fingers are. This really sucks because I have to jam them into shoes everyday, it hurts just putting socks on. So I want to compile a list of concerns/complaints for my Onc for Monday. I also want to see what dietary things I can do to help lessen the side effects. I hope to meet with or set up an appointment with a dietician. So after this fourth possible round of chemo, it will be 2 years since my diagnosis. Does that make me a 2 year survivor?

3 comments:

Chloe said...

Not just a two-year survivor, but a fighter who inspires more people than you'll ever know. Keep kicking ass, Phil!

Dakota said...

I really hope you’ll get the good news you are expecting :) My thoughts will be with you tomorrow and I will send a lot of positive energy your way….you never know, maybe it will help. Great idea to take a list with you!

And you are not only a 2 year survivor you are also a warrior, a source of inspiration and a really great guy :)

Southernspeak4 said...

Hey sweet man,

Anyone that has to deal with cancer at all is a survivor...well, anyone that has to deal with anything that makes you consider your own mortality, they're a survivor...especially when they come through it with the attitude that you have; in a way, you've not only survived, you've already one that battle with struggling with your own mortality and said, "I don't think so...there's more living and learning I need to do while I'm here." I wish there was some better prize we could give you for that than cyberhugs, but here's one anyway *emmmm mmmm*

Post a Comment