
(Mom, 13 yrs old)
I saw my Mom today, she is doing ok. She had 125 stitches in her forehead! She also broke her left wrist. It is so amazing that she did not get hurt worse, the doctors were amazed. At 86 years of age she is still as sharp as ever (I'll leave that comment as is). I' still feeling a little 'crappy', but I did manage to get out on the lake to kayak. It was great, plus I've been swimming a lot today. Looking forward to a peaceful evening, going into work tomorrow even though my car is still in the shop. I'll get a ride from a friend who lives close by....
5 comments:
Yikes! That's alot of stitches.
I'm glad that other than the broken wrist and stitches, shes okay.
It's good that you got out on the lake and in the pool today. Sounds fun.
125?! Goodness! Glad she's doing ok.
Glad your mother is doing ok. Stairs at her age are quite dangerous!
My university has started a new trend: every Fall they send out some _Times Best Seller_ for all the in-coming freshmen to read. I believe their reasoning is to give the class an academic topic that they can find in common.
I try to read these, as I teach lots of Freshman Comp. This summer's title is: _Autobiography of a Face_ by Lucy Grealy.
It's a quick read & she describes chemo from a child's perspective . . . if I can/need to work it into my syllabus, I may select a few blogs to go along with it . . .
I would be interested in linking your blog to the novel (again, if it all pans out--which it rarely does)--what do you think?
Of course, I'd have to erase all tracks of my squirrely identity . . .
Wow, Sounds good, I'm game. You may have to censor some of my comments. I wouldn't want to warp young minds ;-)
Ok--thanks--I'll see what I can drum up (usually on the spare of the moment).
Censor you?? Never.
Post a Comment