Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Gilda would have given her a Noogie - 07.20.05

Last night I went to Gilda's Club, like I normally do on Tuesday evenings, but this time my wife and kids were coming along, partially because we have been reduced to a one-car family for the time being, the other reason was that my wife wanted to see what Gilda's club may have to offer her as a 'caregiver' to me, who has cancer. They also claim to be kid friendly so we thought the boys could hang out while we were in group support meetings. Well, was I wrong! First off, they looked at us like we were ready to come in and ransack the place or some shit. Then, the lovely receptionist said that we would have to meet with Julie, who runs the place. So we figure, okay, we'll explain that my wife wants to check it out to see if it's a good fit, and the boys are great socially and would not be a problem at all. Well, that dopey f-ing #$%&* tells us 'Well, we have to do a screening first and see what group might be best suited for our needs'. HELLO, I have FUCKING CANCER, this is NOT a FUCKING news flash to our family. Then, she was real condescending to us and just really rubbed me the wrong way. She offered to let my family 'wait in the reception area while I go in for a support meeting'. They offer as much support as my Grandmother's panty hose! NADA! I told the woman that I'm out of here, I saw my facilitator and told her I was not going and I wrote her an email last night explaining what had transpired. I may not go back. I mean who the fuck needs this shit. I went through a similar thing with CancerCare.org. I had a counselor who I didn't 'gel' with, I asked if I could see another one and they told me I would have to work out my issues with her. I felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode! See my counselor to figure out why I don't want to see my counselor???
She SUCKED, THAT'S WHY. OK?
I guess it could very well be me!
meanwhile, let the controlled poisoning begin.........(again)
;-)

1 comment:

Phil said...

more to follow, I am writing them an e-mail/letter

Post a Comment