I won't lie to you, or sugar coat the experience, so I must tell you that the side effects of the steroids were horrendous. The flushing and reddness in my face and neck felt like I was on fire, especially with the first few drips. I joked and told my doctor it was like jet fuel. lol The mood swings were rather trying as well...laughing one minute, crying the next, and yes even anger reared it's head a couple of times....then you feel bad for being angry and cry about it. It's a rollercoaster for sure! My face and chest broke out with acne, which I'm much too old to have. My bowels "locked up", which was miserable... My face puffed up for weeks, like I was gonna explode. I couldn't sleep, and felt jumpy all the time. I ate everything that didn't move...even the cat wasn't safe. lol
My own personal experience is quite similar. Especially the emotional part. It got me into big trouble with a woman I work with because I dumped so much of what I was feeling on her. She won't look at me let alone speak to me. I'm trying to be better this time around and keep a low profile and only talk about things with the 'great friends' I have.
That about sums it up!
3 comments:
Great post.
That woman you work with sounds like an idiot.
The funny thing is that she is studying to be a therapist. Part of the blame lies with me, but one might think that since is on the fringe of psychotherapy, she may have been a
wee-bit more understanding. I've forgiven myself.
Post a Comment