I don't quite know what to write, so it is probably best to keep it short. I've done 3 chemo's, best case scenario is 5 more. They are not fun at all. If I respond well to the treatments, I may do more. I've been approved for 16 treatments. I hate every one of them. It's controlled poisoning that could save my life. How strange is that? One other thing I had forgotten about, is how the chemo can change how food tastes. Everything is becoming very bland to me. I hate that too!
As far as my treatments go, a friend once told me:
"Sometimes you have to go through things,
not around them"
Good news, my Mom seems to be doing okay. It's amazing she didn't break her neck or something, only her wrist. I will get down there tomorrow to see her.
4 comments:
That is a great and true quote that your friend gave you. One thing about the interferon treatments I took was that food didn't taste good any more. I'd forgotten that until you mentioned it.
I'm glad your mom is okay.
Hang in there, Phil. Get yourself in that kayak. (I think the bicycle for me is the kayak for you.)
Paula, Isn't that a great quote, it fits in so many areas of life.
Another great one a friend told me was to
"-Want Nothing" (KHM).
mr. schprock, I know, I'd say I'm dying to get out in the kayak, but I try not to use that phrase anymore ;-)
I used to live to cycle too! Keep riding.
Sorry about the food, I can't even imagine. But then again, I have an unnatural attachment to food :)
Post a Comment