Well, it's almost 8 am and I'm here at Sloan Kettering getting ready to have my blood check and get weighed. The commute in was ok. I parked IN THE GARAGE so I should not get a ticket, even though my wife did get the van inspected. My car is still troublesome with not wanting to start. We are getting a different car in about 3 weeks and I don't want to sink anything else into this one. anyway, I took a swim this morning at 5 am. I have not kayaked in about a week. I need to get my ass out there, but I'm starting to not feel motivated. Here's where I need to motivate myself. It's so early out and already it's 80+ degrees! I jsut got a call from my brother and it looks like he has a connection so we can get USOpen Tennis tickets again. He used to get us great ones. He has a friend, who knows the people who do the USTA website. He forwarded him my 'Lance Candy Bar' joke and he liked it and now we are getting tickets. Isn't life funny?
I went to Gilda's last night. I sent my letter on Monday, then I sent another email asking if they got the first and to give them a heads up on my attending. I also asked to hear from them how they 'saw it go down'. I'm curious if we are on the same planet. I, of course, was the focus of the meeting (gee, 1st candy bars, then Lance Armstrong, now Gilda's - contoversy follows me around I guess, I'm such a trouble maker) last night. I gave a brief run down as to what happened. I didn't want to trash them without first hearing from them. Actually I did want to trash them and part of me going last night was to just piss them off! I'm like George Costanza at times. I kept it to a minimum and let everyone else trash them. things have changed there since a few key people left last year. I don't have too many options so if I can go there and deal with the beaurocracy, I'll be ok.
I want to find out more about this rash I have, It REALLY SUCKS and hurts as much as it is ugly. It makes Keith Richards face look like a babies bottom. I hope to post some more soon, blood work is coming now.
3 comments:
You're George?
Ha! I'm Elaine!
So jealous of the US Open tickets. I played from ages 8-10 and then stopped since no one would play with me anymore. One of my regrets was not having pursued a tennis career. If I had a time machine...
I'm tall, have wacky hair, and share Cosmo Kramer's initials :) Maybe we can do "Seinfeld, Revisited" off-off-Broadway?
I'm really a little bit of all of them, even "Newman"!
Post a Comment