Sunday, July 24, 2005
Random Acts of Kindness
One thing I have noticed since finding out that I have cancer, is that I tend to try to be nicer and to follow my 'gut' more. Last week, as I was driving home from a treatment in the city, I noticed a group of 3-4 hikers on the side of the highway, taking to someone in a car. It was about 90 degrees out that day, and they were loaded down with what looked like real heavy backpacks. That instant, I felt an overwhelming desire to 'do a good deed'. I drove up the road a few miles, saw a gas station, went to the mini-mart they had, and bought 4 BIG bottles of ice cold Poland Spring water, went back tyo my car, and drove back to where I saw the hikers. I was able to find them. I stopped and asked them if they were thirsty. I don't think they quite knew what I was 'up to', so I told them that I had seen them and I thought they might like some water. They were thrilled to get it. I found out they were hiking the Appalacian Trail from Georgia to Maine. I told them how I used to do a lot of hiking etc. And I told the one guy that I try to practice 'random acts of kindness'. He said that was real cool. I reminded him not to litter, only because I like to bust chops, and went on my way back home....
1 comment:
Always err on the side of kindness, your karma will thank you.
Post a Comment