Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Two Years Ago

Two years ago today, I had my first surgery to start to remove the cancer from my body. It started around 5 pm, and went until something like 2 am. They took out a small piece of my colon, 60% of my liver, my gallbadder, lymph nodes and they installed my hepatic pump. I felt like I was hit by a Mack Truck. Today I had a CT scan. I see my Oncologist on Monday and if things go as planned I hope to hear that I only have 8 treatments to go then I can stop.

5 comments:

b o o said...

do u have all those parts in a bottle?

Phil said...

I'm amazed at how many "spare parts" I seemed to have. They keep taking things out that they tell me "I really don't need". I thought the only things I didn't need was my appendix and my virginity :-)

Kayla said...

Bless your heart Phil :-)
I bet you did feel hit by the truck.
I pray the CT is all good news and that you'll only have the 8 chemos left.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on Monday. I hope it’s all good news!!
I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you :)

Mummy said...

you've come so far !! I love the new look, that pic of you is great ! good luck for monday

Post a Comment