Monday, June 19, 2006

# 65

I'm in for # 65, Last week sucked. The side effects, while not as bad as they CAN be, were still painful. I am finding that the last few rounds have caused more nausea too. I do have some pill meds for that, but I'm going organic on that front and smoking a little reefer. It's been proven that it lessens the side effects but if you believe the a-holes at the FDA, they would disput it I'm sure. Let's see what they think if THEY have fucking cancer. A different story I'm sure. I didn't feel like posting last week, I did on my other happy blog. I'd rather just try to make like all is well. I also had a problem with one of the nurses her last week. she set up my pre-meds, then left for a meeting and never started my chemo meds. An hour later the a different nurse came in and noticed that the one never started it. I was LIVID to say the least. I was beyond LIVID. I just went back there a few minutes ago and told the woman who schedules everything that I do not, under any circumstances, what her again. One other time she had to jab me 3 times before she got the needle in the port. I don't need this shit, I don't want this shit, and I'm not taking this shit. This is a great side effect of the cancer. I have ZERO tollerance for a lot of stuff and I'm not afraid to tell someone off. I realize everyone can have a bad day, but she had two and her quota is used up in my book. NEXT...
I had a very good Father's Day yesterday. The kids gave me nice cards, Grif made something in school for me, and Dana got me a nice Farberware cooking set. I do have to return it because it's the non-stick stuff. I don't like that plus it's not really good for you. They say that too much heat can cause it to release carcinogens. I'm thinking of the kids more. The only thing is that they require more care. Dana and cookware do not get along very well. She has even melted a saucepan once. I did manage to do a lot of swimming this past weekend, it was great weather for it. I hope to do more tonight. Well, I should start chemo soon. I did relink my happy blog to this one again. I'll see how it goes. I"m sure I'll get nutty again and de-link it.

7 comments:

Kayla said...

Hi Phil,
I agree on the 2 bad day quota rule. I don't know what happened the other time, but walking off and not starting your chemo is horrible.
I'm glad you were able to enjoy Father's Day despite the nausea. Your photos are great..I love your pool!! I haven't been in a swimming pool in a long time and I really miss it! It has only been the lake.
Take care my friend.
I hope the chemo effects are not as painful this round :)

b o o said...

nazi nurse from hell. i like to do the same to her to see how she feels *angry*

{{{{Phillie}}}}

Anonymous said...

I am 5 years removed from my radiation treatment for Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Just another cancer survivor chiming in with some support for you.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a sucky nurse.

And as far as the cookware goes... didn't she use it as a hammer once and then you hung it by your tools in the garage? THAT was hilarious...

Phil said...

Wow, you're right. I should look at the cookware as a new set of tools for her :-)

Sucky nurses suck

JLee said...

Just look out for that "Reefer Madness"! Hey, I say whatever helps. Nausea is the worst. Glad you had a nice Father's Day, P.

Christy said...

Phil,
I agree on the bad quota rule thing too. I have trouble with my chemo nurse. I had a terrible reaction to it this week, and I feel that chemo is killing me softly. I don't think I will continue with it.
Glad to hear you had a good father's day.
Christy

Post a Comment