Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Results are In

I got my CT results yesterday. Everything is looking good. I have another 4 months of treatments to go then I should be done. I am once again cautiously optimistic. I have begun to realize that I have a chronic illness, hopefully I won't die from it, but I will die with it. It is still very hard to wrap my mind around all that has happened over the past 2 1/2 years. I've lost track on the chemos, I'm somewhere in the 70+ area. I am looking at 16 more, 8 real bad weeks and 8 not so bad weeks. I just got back from a week on Cape Cod MA. I haven't vacationed in 9 years. It was wonderful! We all had a great time, it was fantastic to spend time with my family. I think this was the best vacation ever because it was the first with Grif, and the first since being diagnosed with cancer.

On a side note, a very dear friend of mine is having some medical issues. Please pray for her

8 comments:

Kayla said...

Hi Phil,
That is two very significant "firsts" you've got there.
Hooray for you, my friend!
I'll pray for your friend and also that your remaining chemo treatments go as smoothly, complication-free and quickly as possible.
Love your Livestrong shirt photo ;)

dot said...

Yay!

You've done over 70 treatments, 16 more is not so many.

I'm glad to got to go to Cape Cod with your family. It sounds like a wonderful vacation.

I hope your friend does well.

Phil said...

Thanks everyone, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel

SquirrleyMojo said...

good to hear the vacation went well--consider your friend prayed for.

dot said...

Hope you're feeling better today.

Phil said...

It's not too bad but I did throw my back out. Don't feel too sorry for me, I did it while rolling up the pool cover but it hurts like hell and I have to go to my chiropractor now :-(

dot said...

Ugh!

LindzyPinzy said...

I just found this other page I hope your remaining treatments go as well as they can. and I'll be praying for your friend..

sounds like that vacation was just what you needed:) and your concert coming up too!!

Post a Comment