Wednesday, August 23, 2006

It's not the Cancer,
it's the Cure that's killing me

So as many of you know, I'm real bummed. I've been dealing with this cancer shit for over 2 1/2 years and for over 70 something treatments. Now, as I come into the home stretch, the fucking cure is making the rest of my body fall apart. I didn't just post the pictures but I have links if anyone is curious as to what is going on. I now it's superficial and all of that and my hair will grow back etc, but it's happening to me and I don't like it and with everything else cancer related, I can't do a fucking thing about it except deal with it (or not). I just find it annoying that I've gone this far without this shit and now it has to happen?? My toe is getting infected (again) and is swollen and hurts like hell. My hair is falling out like crazy. I talked to the boys and Dyl said he didn't really notice, but when I tilted his head he was like 'holy shit' (not his words) He is upset although I assured him that it will grow back. I may even have him and Grif and Dana help me shave it off (thanks MyUtopia for the suggestion). I don't know when or what I'm going to do yet. I won't let it fall out in patches though, I do think the time is getting closer. My hands, which I did not photograph, are sore as hell with many little splits in my fingers. They are very dry and lotions seems to do little to help. I find it very hard to play guitar now which makes things even worse emotionally for me. And on the emotional front, all I feel like doing is crying or punching holes in walls. I have to take at least 4-6 percocets a day for the pains and a bunch of other shit to numb me so I can get through the day. This is the EASY week folks. I am investigating taking a disablity leave but I have 13 weeks or so to go and I only can get 6 weeks at 100%. I can get another 19 weeks at 66 2/3% but that won't cut it financially because we live paycheck to paycheck and are in a deep enough hole as it is. There is a chance I can work a week, then be off a week (repeat until I go through 13 weeks) but I'll still have to be a bald, rashy, cancer looking person at work for the entire time. I just want to crawl under a rock until it's over, but I can't. Please, if anyone comments, don't tell me I look good anyway blah, blah, blah. I'm just venting and showing you (if you care to look) why I'm so fucking pissed.
Head
Head
Face
My Toe

5 comments:

dot said...

Hugs, Phil.

xoxo

b o o said...

lets share a rock love.

Kayla said...

Love and hugs Phil

LindzyPinzy said...

hold on Phil
hugs

LindzyPinzy said...

looking at your photos phil I feel pain for you. Hope your hanging in there buddy

Post a Comment