Friday, March 24, 2006
The New Normal? I Hope Not
I use the term 'The New Normal' a lot. It seems that every few months my body has to adjust to something new. First was the side effects of the first rounds of chemo, then it was surgery, then it was post-op, then it was new chemo, then it was lung tumors, then it was new chemo, now it's new side effects from the chemo. I had 55 treatments with pretty much the same side effects. Mostly constipation, rarely nauseous, numbness in hands and feet (which I still have). Now, over the past 4 treatments, I seem to be getting the shits and throwing up (plus constipation - go figure) I really fucking hate it. I was up most of the night doing one or the other and now I won't be able to get into work so there goes another sick day, plus I have deadlines to meet. I miss my old normal, but that died 2 years ago....
No comments:
Post a Comment