Monday, March 13, 2006
I'm a Little Pissed
Ok, sio I get here at my usual time and there are new people at the desk. Leigh told me last week that she was being moved to another floor. This woman didn't seem to be on the ball. the usual routine is that I show up around 7:30 am, they check me in and within 5-10 minutes, I got to the room to have my blood drawn. I looked around today and there seemed to be a few more people there than usual so when 15 minutes rolled around I didn't freak out. Then it was 30, then 45, then 1 hour. I went to the desk and asked what the deal was. She said she'd check. She comes over to me and did appologize and said it was her mistake that the paperwork didn't get back to the lab so now I'm 1 hour behind. this really sucks because I am usually out of here by 10 am on the single dose days and now it's 9:15, I have to still see the nurse and then wait for the bloodwork before I get chemo. It's going to be dragging all day. I guess this should be my only problem, right? I still will have to see if my new normal is going to be the shits and throwing up for a few days. I was just figuring out the constipation and I had that under control. I'm wondering if it's a slight cold that has been causing all of this. The strange thing is that I really haven't had much in the cold department since all of this started but my nose is a little stuffed so maybe it is. At any rate, I need and want to get to work after this, I hope the wait is not too long...
1 comment:
Hopefully your "your new normal" Will be better :)
Post a Comment