This week I survived a massive restructuring at work. I can't help but feel like there was a massive plane crash where over 100 people died and only 7 walked away alive. I was one of those 7. About 30 people from my group were affected, most were offered a choice of moving to Boston, or riding out the work until the end of the year. They made the stay till the end offer very tempting for people. I do feel some guilt over what happened. I have been working here for about 4 1/2 years. I had been a temp for 3 years and when they found out I had cancer, they were very suportive. I had your basic HMO plan so I was getting most of my treatments for cancer paid for, but I was not allowed to go to SK. They were out of my network. Then, 10 days before I was to be operated on, the company put me on staff so I could have better medical and could go to SK. I feel that without that chance I would not be doing as well as I am now. I know of someone who had his surgery at a different facility and his results were not as good as mine have been. So now I get back to the title of this post. I was told officially that because of my skill set I am being offered a choice to stay here. I know that it may be part of the story, it's not all of it. So many folks were only given the choice of Boston or no job. I know that there are going to be some people that will look at me like I got special treatment and maybe I did. I'll trade places with any of them, they can have some cancer and I'll find another job or move to Bosotn. it's not like going to Alaska. But I do feel some guilt about the whole thing, I know I'll get over it. I'll be curious to see what happens when the dust settles in a few months.
So I've been neglecting this blog and that is good. To me it seems like I am handling my situation much better than I used to. I do think the fact that I ahve my diet and the constipation thing under control somewhat is making a BIG difference. I went from 4 days of REAL BAD PAIN to 1-2 days of minor pain. So I guess that's it for now, I still have the toe thing going on but overall, I'm doing well, it's two years next month...
No comments:
Post a Comment