Too ambitious? I hope not...
Saturday, December 31, 2011
New Year, New Approach?
I've been at this since February 2004. I can't believe it half the time. It's been a very rough road at times with the operations and RFAs - 10 in total, and the 280 or so chemo treatments. While I feel I owe my survival so much so my oncologist and her team, I am beginning to realize that this approach will only take me so far with getting "cured". I am seriously thinking of making changes to my diet in order to get over that last hurdle to becoming cancer-free. While there certainly is no guarantee that diet will do it, I don't really see how making healthy choices could harm me either. I've never done anthing like this before and I know that making changes like this can be very hard. I have to remember that I need to do this in small steps. I'm also wondering if by re-starting this blog I will be able to stay on track. My goal is to remove excess sugar and processed foods from my diet as well as dropping about 40 pounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment