Saturday, November 19, 2011

Update

It's been a VERY long time inched I've posted here. I think it just got to be too intense for me. So I am still here. I'm still dealing with stage IV colon cancer but it's become more manageable for the past two years. I have had 4 RFAs, one per year on average with the last one on October 17th of this year. I'm still taking chemo but for the past few years it's been more of a targeted chemo. Still, it can knock me out for a while. I have done in the area of 270 treatments since Feb 2004. I stay very active on a few cancer survivor sites. I've even had a profile done on me by the ACS in their Stories of Hope section. I also helped another site, WhatNext.com, with beta testing of their site being that I have a background in computers, website development, and a background with cancer!
Here are some links...
WhatNext.com Profile
ACS Stories of Hope
NY Times article on Gilda's Club
AP Article on the High Cost of Cancer Drugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment