I have been neglecting this blog for a while. That's mostly good news because it usually means I'm doing well. I did have a PET scan done and it showed nothing new. So that means that my Onc is giving me off fro chemo for a few weeks. I'll have another CT scan on Feb 7th, then see her on Valentines Day. There is a very good chance that I may get another two months off if they don't see anything. If they DO see something, there's a very good chance she'll say "OK, let's operate the following week". That happened last tiem. It was kind of good because it didn't give me time to get all worked up about it and as far as operations go, it was a piece of cake compared to a colon and liver resection. So, life is good now. My holidays were great, the kids had a blast. Dana and I got to do some things and we did family things too. I hope all of you are well. Take care of your health and all of you smokers (if there are any who read my stuff) please QUIT.
x-p
1 comment:
Glad things are going well for you, Phil! My mom is doing well too (going on her ninth year with this battle) and the new chemo she is on is doing REALLY well. :-)
Unfortunately my ex just found out he has Stage IV colon cancer- has had surgery, but they didn't/couldn't get everything and now he is faced with a 1-3 yrs prognosis and whether he even wants to do chemo or not. Crazy stuff. Seems like you can always find people who are doing better than you, and also others who are SO much worse off than you.
I think you have MANY blessings, Phil. Be glad for where you are and don't ever give up!
Cancer sucks!
~TuxB
Post a Comment