How do I start? I've been blogging a while, a little over a year, but I've had cancer longer. About two years and I've been married much longer than that, seventeen years in October. I bitch about all of these. This really isn't the forum for marrige woes but since I've posted them, I thought I'd also mention that I asked Dana to go to therapy with me and she accepted. We went the other day and it was a postive experience. It wasn't a finger pointing session which was good because it shouldn't be but it was a chance to clear the aire, voice our issues, and start to figure out how to get both of our needs met as much as possible. My therapist is real good. I feel she's helped me a lot over the past year I've been going to her. Dana's noticed a change in me as have I. So now we're changing things and it's been a big improvement.
I think anyone who's been in a relationship knows that they do take work, but they are priceless.
Side note - I go for a CT scan tomorrow. then we go to the Cape of Cod for a week (I get to skip chemo) then I'll get the results the following Monday.
Have a great week everyone
5 comments:
what a nice week it shall be for u {{Phillie}}
Have a great week {{Phil}} Enjoy!!
do you need to believe in therapy for it to work? :-(
Thanks Boo and Dakota.
Squirrley, you need to want it to work for it to work I think. It's like quitting smoking I feel, if you don't care or don't try, it might not work. It's not a question in believing in it because all it is is looking at what needs aren't being met and trying to meet them I think. Also, communication is very important. When it breaks down it sucks. I know you've a very private woman, but is there trouble in River City?
{{{hugs}}}
My thoughts will be with you on Monday, {{Phil}}
Take care :)
Post a Comment