I started this post on Nov 8th but did not post it then, not totally sure why. I probably didn't want to mention the "S" word in a post. My back is still killing me. I've been going to the chiro for two weeks and really have not gotten relief. I also had an accupressure treatment on Friday to see if that would work. I helped overall but it did not really lessen my back pain but it did something. At any rate, I have to go in tomorrow for the treatment. I'm not looking forward to it at all but I certainly can't complain.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Another post
So after Monday's missing chemo, I went to my therapist on Tuesday. I had moved it to every other Tuesday so it would not be on the chemo weeks since I tend to be real hyper afer my treatment. I also felt funny with getting out of treatment and I wanted to talk with her. It wound up being a session where I talked a lot about how much I hate everything there is about the cancer and chemo. I also talked about how much my back hurts too. I was really getting depressed and she wound up asking me if I was suicidal. The few times I've been asked that question have always thrown me. As bad as I feel, I never get suicidal. I may wish I was dead but I don't feel like doing that. I could never do that to Dana and the kids and I just don't think it's a solution for me. Certainly not at this time at all and I would really have to be in a bad place with no options at all to even consider it. Even talking here about it is wigging me out. I think it's bad karma too.
I started this post on Nov 8th but did not post it then, not totally sure why. I probably didn't want to mention the "S" word in a post. My back is still killing me. I've been going to the chiro for two weeks and really have not gotten relief. I also had an accupressure treatment on Friday to see if that would work. I helped overall but it did not really lessen my back pain but it did something. At any rate, I have to go in tomorrow for the treatment. I'm not looking forward to it at all but I certainly can't complain.
On another note, I just watched the piece on 60 Minutes about Ed Bradley who died last week from a form of lukemia. I always like his stories and he just seemed to be a cool guy. I used to try to catch his Live from Lincoln Center radio broadcasts on NPR radio. He as a real fan of jazz. I was shocked when I heard that he died from that. I really had no idea at all. They were talking about how he had it years ago and it had come back with a vengance. That's the fear of everyone who has dealt with cancer I believe. I know that I have that feeling.
I started this post on Nov 8th but did not post it then, not totally sure why. I probably didn't want to mention the "S" word in a post. My back is still killing me. I've been going to the chiro for two weeks and really have not gotten relief. I also had an accupressure treatment on Friday to see if that would work. I helped overall but it did not really lessen my back pain but it did something. At any rate, I have to go in tomorrow for the treatment. I'm not looking forward to it at all but I certainly can't complain.
4 comments:
I agree with you Phil..
Talking about suicide is bad karma.
I understand why your therapist felt she needed to ask, however.
I'm glad to hear at least the accupressure helped you overall.
Maybe it would help to do a few more of those sessions?
I was shocked to hear about Ed Bradley also. I had no idea he ever had leukemia.
He was a cool dude. Always liked that he wore that diamond earring at his age!
Hope you find a spot of piece this Thanksgiving Phil.
Still with us Phil?
Yes, I am. doing OK. I'll post test results on Monday when I get them. I haven't felt like posting here, or on the other one either lately but I'm doing well
Post a Comment